THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesday


I've decided to participate in Tammy's Kitchen Tip Tuesday today. I have tried several of her recipes and have loved them all. I'm not sure if I'll have a tip every week, but we'll see how it goes!

Freezing spinach puree:


I've started buying bunches of fresh spinach-preferably organic, and making a puree out of them to freeze. It takes about 30 minutes to chop it up into the puree (just spinach and water) and it's well worth the time and effort. One bunch gives me about 2 cups, maybe more. I divide that into 4 ziploc baggies and freeze to use later in spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, and smoothies for AG. It makes it so much easier and faster to take it out of the freezer instead of having to make it right then when I need it.

1 comments:

mub said...

Oh what a cool idea! I seem to only be able to buy HUGE bags of spinach and I can never get through it all before it dies on me. Thanks for the tip =)