THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, August 11, 2007

It's Retro Saturday!!!

Ah Ha - Take On Me

Add to My Profile | More Videos

Take on Me by A-Ha is one of my favorite 80's songs! Here is what I found out about it on the Wikipedia site:
"Take on Me" became a hit on both sides of the Atlantic in 1985. The first release of the song in 1984 was not a major success, but after a few songs were remixed by producer Alan Tarney a year later, it sold 1.5 million copies worldwide in one week. Eventually the single "Take on Me" is estimated to have sold 7-9 million copies worldwide; it peaked at number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number two in the UK Singles Chart. Sales were aided in the U.S. by a music video on MTV that mimicked the truck chase from Terry Gilliam's movie Brazil and the climactic scene from the Ken Russell film Altered States. The video used a sketchy animation / live action combination called "Rotoscoping" (in which the video is first shot on normal video, then each frame is hand-traced over to give the animated effect) that tells a fantasy thriller story to the song. At the 1986 MTV Video Music Awards "Take on Me" won in six categories. It was also nominated for Best Video Of The Year at 1986 American Music Awards."

I think the video is pretty cool!! I also saw on the web that the lead singer was compared to a mixture of Elvis Presley and James Dean. That's an interesting combination, but I can see it... Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kevin and Kim said...

Cris -

Awesome choice!! This video always fascinated me. I also had a thing for the lead singer :) It's always been one of my favorites!!

This is so much fun!! I actually look forward to it all week - lol!!

the mommy said...

Ahhhh you just don't hear or see music like that anymore. The 80's were so dramatic... you have to love it.

Thanks for the journey down memory lane