THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Big D trip...




I went to Dallas in July to meet up with some other adopting moms using our agency. There were three of us and we had the best time! Stephanie picked me up from the airport on Friday, waited for Lori to arrive, then we went to dinner at this wonderful little Italian restaurant. We stayed up until midnight talking, talking, talking. On Saturday, we went to the IKEA store. I had never been there, but man I am addicted! That was the coolest places I've ever shopped! It's probably a good thing that the closest one is 7 hours away from me! I got AG some cute little tumbler cups and just her size bowls, all in different bright colors. I would have bought more, but I was flying back and didn't have that much room in my suitcase! Next, we went to eat lunch at this hip little Mexican joint. It was absolutely wonderful. Then we went shopping at this cute little baby boutique. Then on to the mall for more shopping. THEN, we went to this cupcake store called Sprinkles. I got a black and white cupcake, which was white cake with chocolate icing. The icing was absolutely wonderful, and I'm not much on icing! We went to the movie Evenings. It was a good movie, but it didn't end the way I thought it would. But, it was a good girl movie to go see. Then we had a late dinner after listening to a street performer-who was really good! I think we scared our little waiter at dinner. He kept asking questions, so we told him that we met up in Dallas, without knowing each other b/c we're all adopting from China and using the same agency. He didn't know what to say after that! But, he did come back around and ask questions about adoption. We educated him a little bit and had some fun!
Here are some pics from my trip!! The first one is me and Lori with our cupcakes, the next is me and Stephanie, and then all three of us.

Overall, I have to say I had a great time! The girls were wonderful and we're going to plan another trip either before referrals (depending on how long this takes) or after we are all back with our little girls! And, the hubby's are going to come next time!

1 comments:

the mommy said...

Cris it looks like you had a nice time. It is always nice to meet others who understand just what you are experiencing.

Susan