THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Picnic Table Talk-healthy snacks

Over at ABC and 123: Picnic Table Talk this week, they are discussing healthy snacks for our kids.

I haven't set a specific time for snacks yet, but if she hasn't asked for a snack by about 2-3 hours after a meal, then I will ask her if she wants one and give her some choices. These choices usually include a fruit, a whole grain, or soy yogurt or vegan cheese. (AG has a cow's milk allergy).

Here are some of her favorite snacks:

smoothies
seaweed
avocado
grapes
pretzels
rice cakes
any type of whole grain muffin
fruit
strawberry soy yogurt
vegan cheese
peanut butter crackers
graham crackers
homemade granola bars
homemade chewy oatmeal raisin cookies
cucumbers
tomatoes
pickles
olives
trail mix (usually Kix, Cheerios, raisins and maybe some dairy free choc chips)

I think I am going to try to make these fruit leathers for on the go snacks. I am also wanting to make some homemade "lazy granola" from here.

I think as she gets older I will try this organizational tool-I love it!! Thanks for the inspiration!

2 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You have great choices of snacks. Store-bought fruit roll-ups is a huge hit with Mouse, and I am too lazy/busy to make homemade, but thanks for the links to the recipe. It looks very interesting.

Felicia said...

Yumm.. Strawberry Soy Yogurt.. one of Graham's favorites as well! He doesn't have a milk allergy, but I do.. so he suffers through soy! LOL!