THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, September 4, 2009

Birthday Party

Finally, here is my post about our girl's 2nd birthday party. I wanted to have a low key party since last year was a bit out of control with way too many kids and parents. But, last year, she had only been home for a short period of time and all of our (meaning adult) friends wanted to share in the excitement of her finally being here, after the 3 year process. So, they all were invited along with their children, and almost every person in our extended family. So, this year it was simple. Made for moma and child to have a much better day-lol. And, can I just say, that I LOVE the suggested birthday party rule of "only have the # of children that your child is turning"...what a simple, yet brilliant idea!!! So, you guessed it, we had 2 other children at our party.

So, I'm sure you would like to see some pictures, here you go:

Our theme was a Panda party. She squeals everytime we cross the big bridge, and see the big panda banner for the zoo. In fact, she's now started squealing and yelling panda as soon as she sees the bridge, she doesn't wait until she sees the banner. Here is an overview of the party table.


The table was decorated with black, white and green balloons, green tablecloth, panda cake, stuffed panda, treat bags, and presents. Black and white napkins, cups, and plates. I also had food that was black and white, to keep with the theme; black grapes, sliced bananas, oreo crisps, and of course, chocholate cake with vanilla ice cream. (AG had her soy vanilla ice cream) The party was from 3-5, so I didn't put out alot of food.

I made her Panda Head Happy Birthday banner. It was made out of white and black cardstock, scrapbook paper, and green ribbon. It turned out exactly how I had envisioned, so I was happy with that.


Here is the panda cake. Now, let me say that I had some issues with the cake. First of all, it was extremely difficult to find someone to make the cake since AG has a dairy allergy. I can make the cake, but cannot decorate it. So, I finally found someone who agreed to make it and use the recipes that I use for the cake and icing. However, this is not the cake that was supposed to be made. She said the icing wouldn't do right, so she had to make it into a sheet cake. I've never had a problem with this icing being too thin, but I still think it turned out cute. I have decided that if when we go back for allergy testing in December, she hasn't grown out of the milk allergy, I am going to take cake decorating classes. I do NOT want to have to go through that again. Or she may just have plain cakes for every bithday and I'll have to go all out on the other decorations!


I made a pin the nose on the panda game. The other two girls didn't want to play, but AG sure did. She had a blast with it. I even left it up so she can still play with it.



I printed out some panda coloring pages and gave them to the kids in the treat bag, which was a green Chinese take out container. It was filled with the panda color sheet, box of crayons, panda stickers, and a Kung Fu Panda Chinese drum. I didn't get a goood picture of the treat bags, but you can kind of see them in this picture. They are right behind the stuffed panda.


And here are the girls coloring their pandas.


Each girl got a bubble wand and we went outside to play with those. Bubbles are always a hit.


Here she is playing in one of her favorite presents-her Princess Pop-Up Castle tent.


So, there is our panda birthday party. AG seemed to have a wonderful time, as you can see by the smile in that last picture and that is what is important. All the decorations or festivities mean nothing, if your child doesn't enjoy themselves and feel special. I think she did!

I leave you with our family picture from the party.

4 comments:

Mike and Rhonda said...

HG's biday was 8/8 and it was alittle too much for her. She had nightmares and night terrors pretty much since then. So the idea of 2 other children is just great. We will keep that in mind next year.

I saw your post on our blog. I think we will be OK....eventually. I must be doing something right since my girl loves me.

One more thing....is it me or is AG getting cuter everyday?

Tara Broman said...

What an adorable bday party for an adorable little girl.

I love your blog. So glad you found mine because now I've found yours.

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Wow. What a beautiful girl and a fantastic party!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh what a precious little girl you have there! She just looks beautiful and what a party!

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment on Luke. (I'm behind in getting around to blog reading)! Luke is from Inner Mongolia - Neimengu province. I would love to talk with you more about your China adoption! My email is on my sidebar! I couldn't find yours, or I would have emailed you!

Have a great weekend!
Tammy